Membership of the BSJ is open to anyone interested in botany. The BSJ has three types of membership: regular, student and international (for those non-resident in Japan). Application for student membership requires the signature of the student's academic supervisor.
Membership fees per year (from January to December):
Regular: 12,000 yen
Student: 2,000 yen
Membership is automatically renewed every year. To rescind membership, a notice of withdrawal should be submitted to the BSJ Office.
Membership benefits include:
1) Journal of Plant Research is sent to the member's registered address (6 volumes/year).
2) Free access to online information about BSJ activities.
3) Eligibility to give oral-poster presentations at the annual meeting.
To become a member of the BSJ:
1. Apply by e-mail: send an e-mail including the requested information to the BSJ Office.
- Names: (Surname Other names)
- Full postal address
- Tel number
- Fax number
- E-mail address:
- Signature (png or jpg file)
2. Apply by fax or mail (application form for printing)
Fill in the requested information, print out the application form and send the form by fax or mail to the BSJ Office.
Membership fees should be paid immediately after the submission of the application form.
How to pay Membership fees:
For domestic members: postal order, or registered mail for cash
For international members: international postal money order, international Giro postal transfer, bank draft or credit card (please contact the BSJ Office for details).
The Botanical Society of Japan Office
Address: Toshin Building 2F, 2-27-2 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033, Japan