Membership of the BSJ is open to anyone interested in botany.
BSJ has four types of membership: regular, student and international (for those non-resident in Japan).
for student membership requires the signature of the student's academic supervisor.
Membership fees per year (from January to December):
International Regular: US$60
International Student: US$20
Regular: 11,000 yen
Student: 2,000 yen
Membership is automatically renewed every year. To rescind membership, a notice of withdrawal should be submitted to the BSJ Office.
Membership benefits include:
1) Free access to online for Journal of Plant Research.
We will send an annual subscription (six booklets) for US$ 40 or 5,200yen /year ,if you wish to receive the printed version. International:US$ 40 Japan:5,200yen We will send an annual subscription (six booklets) for US$ 40 or 5,200yen
2) Free access to online information about BSJ activities.
3) Eligibility to give oral-poster presentations at the annual meeting.
To become a member of the BSJ:
1. Apply by e-mail: send an e-mail including the requested information to the BSJ Office.
- Names: (Surname Other names)
- Full postal address
- Tel number
- Fax number
- E-mail address
- Signature (png or jpg file)
annual subscription Journal of Plant Research (print version） add US$ 40 or 5,200yen/year to annual Membership） YES OR NO
2. Apply by fax or mail (application form for printing)
in the requested information, print out the application form and send the form by fax or mail to the BSJ Office.
Membership fees should be paid immediately after the submission of the application form.
How to pay Membership fees:
For domestic members: postal order, or registered mail for cash
For international members: bank transfer or credit card (please contact the BSJ Office for details).
The Botanical Society of Japan Office
Address: Epoch 2F, 2-27-2 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033, Japan